Finally!An interactive CICS map editor that utilizes GUI Windows® features and full WYSIWYG display of your BMS maps. Runs with Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95/98, NT and Windows 2000, OS/2 2.1 and Warp 3/4. If you do CICS application development, design and maintenance of BMS maps is a time consuming and frustrating job. But now, whatever your CICS environment, maps can be designed in minutes instead of hours.
MapBlaster/PC allows the interactive construction and display of IBM 3270 full screen maps in a WYSIWYG environment, is network ready and operates in Windows or OS/2, with full Windows GUI support and tool bar. Color, Extended Hilighting, as well as Cut & Paste features allow rapid map development. Mapset, Map and Field attributes can be specified with an INHERITED value causing a "bubble down" effect to lower level objects, altering all objects at the lower levels to the inherited value. Split & Join commands as well as Dragging and Rubber-Banding, virtually unlimited UNDO and REDO buffers, and a TEST MODE display option are only a few of the features of MapBlaster/PC which will make your work on maps easier, faster and more productive.
- Drag and Drop, Cut and Paste, Nudging - Everything you expect - Makes conversions a snap.
- Rubber band selection - Easily select the fields to modify.
- Desktop Development - No more waiting on mainframe response.
- Pop-up menus for the most common attributes.
- Tool Bar.
- Split and Join fields.
- Automatic Long Name generation - Builds 30 character labels out of MapSet, Map and Field names.
- Attributes and Values can be inherited from parent objects - Change in one place to affect all maps' fields.
- Powerful Array generator - one or two dimensions - horizontal, vertical or both.
- Long label names - Use all 30 characters for Cobol Identifiers.
- Automatically Generate Long label names by concatenating Map, MapSet or user specified literals.
- On-screen editing of Imported Source - Fix import errors while still in MapBlaster/PC. It even keeps your source comments!
- Multiple Document Interface - View multiple maps in a window, multiple maps in separate windows, or multiple views of the same map in different windows. Assemble Headers and Trailers right on the screen.
- Test, Contents and Labels modes - View the maps in whichever manner helps you get your work done. Even view the same map in all three modes simultaneously.
- Import/Export BMS macros - No changes in source maintenance procedures. The exported BMS contains all specifications, even our extensions to BMS like long field names and arrays!
- Surprisingly complete online help - Even obscure BMS values are documented.
- Virtually unlimited Undo buffers.
- Network ready - Supports system-wide and personal preferences.
- Configuration Files to easily support multiple projects.
- Tutorial - Get to work right away.
Note: MapBlaster/PC software is not a geographical resource. It does not contain geographical information.